Wedding Day Checklist
Once your big day has arrived, it's time to let yourself relax and enjoy it with your loved ones. Not sure how you'll be able to relax? We've put together a last-minute wedding checklist to help you minimize stress. A wedding to-do list may be all you need to remove some pressure and enjoy your hard work — and celebrate. If you have urgent concerns about your dress, don't sweat it. Reach out to us at Alexandra's Boutique.
Wedding Day Checklist for the Bride
Your wedding day checklist shouldn't be too long, as you'll be busy enjoying everything you planned. But, you might want to include the following items:
- Eat breakfast: You're going to be active on your wedding day, from the time you wake up until you hit the pillow at night, and you might not prioritize eating. However, you'll want to keep your energy levels high and avoid a rumbling tummy as you walk down the aisle, so make sure you leave time to eat. Aim to have a high-protein breakfast, and if possible, avoid sugar and caffeine.
- Stay hydrated: Sip water throughout the morning and avoid drinking too much alcohol before the ceremony.
- Get an early start: Although you want to get as much sleep as possible the night before, you also don't want to run late. Get to hair and makeup appointments early so you'll have less stress and won't feel rushed.
- Assign roles: Give the wedding bands and an envelope containing the officiant's fee to the best man. Also, ask someone to hold your signed marriage license, so it doesn't get lost.
- Make last-minute payments: If you still need to make any vendor payments, have them ready in labeled envelopes and given to an assigned person to handle, as well as tips.
- Sneak in moments with your spouse: After the ceremony, focus on enjoying the occasion with your spouse, and sneak in meaningful moments to share in privacy.
- Be flexible: Sometimes, no matter what, things can't go exactly as planned. Be flexible and willing to go with the flow, and never forget what the day is really all about — getting married to the person you love.
- Have fun: Relax, laugh, enjoy the day, feel grateful for it and, most of all, have fun.
Last-Minute Wedding Day Checklist
Here's one more checklist to ensure you don't forget anything important on your big day:
- Do you have your marriage license?
- Do you and your partner have your vows?
- Did you confirm the date and time with all of your vendors?
- Have all vendors been paid?
- Did everyone try on their outfits, including their shoes?
- Did you break in your wedding shoes?
- Do you have the tiny details put together, such as toasting glasses, escort cards and the cake knife?
- Are the rings ready to go and kept in a safe place?
- Are the wedding favors packaged and ready to go?
- Did you pack an emergency kit?
- Did you confirm honeymoon arrangements?
- Did you pack your honeymoon bags if you plan to leave right away?